- DBA Program Description
The Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) program at IUL is an online professional doctoral program intended for executives and senior managers who want to expand their knowledge, skills, and abilities to the fullest extent possible. Graduates possess the knowledge and experience to assume advanced positions in the management of organizations. A combination of analytical, practical, and research-based approaches is used to equip graduates with an understanding of management thought and practices, as well as a theoretical, philosophical, and real-world understanding of business administration principles and practices. Course content reflects current business practices in best-of-class organizations. Courses balance nurturing an appreciation of the role of theory in effective management with practical, how-to insights. While the emphasis of the program is directed toward managing in a technology-driven world, management basics that apply to all business organizations are covered.
The program addresses the ethical and legal foundation for the student’s behavior in commercial, nonprofit, and government settings. It imbues the student with in-depth knowledge of managing organizations, programs, and projects. It describes how effective managers lead, how they make decisions, how they motivate.
The DBA allows students to focus their studies on an area of individual expertise and interest, including: Entrepreneurship, Project Management and Acquisition Management, Human Resources Management, International Management… Projects in an area of concentration require the applicant to provide documentation showing the same area of concentration at the education level or professional experience. The concentration allows students to enhance their learning by completing in-depth work that addresses the broad topic of the concentration, or their specific dissertation topic.
2. DBA Program Outcomes
Graduates with a Doctorate in Business Administration will be able to:
1. Identify, research alternatives to, and solve business problems with the highest value-adding solutions.
2. Expand,manage and apply critical thinking methodologies and skills to global business issues and world opportunities.
3. Perform systems-based, financially justified analysis and research operations issues and technology-enabled opportunities in a global, market-based economy.
4. Demonstrate business knowledge, and be recognized as a business subject expert.
5. Formulate and contribute to industry rules and standards.
6. Research,design,write and present an original dissertation that contributes significantly to the business and global community.
DBA courses are 3 or 6 Credits each, student must reach 60 credits to complete the program.
– Prerequisites: Before registering for a course, students must have successfully completed all required pre-requisites for that course.
– PA: Proctored Assessment: Courses with a “PA” code means students must pass the final assessment through proctored settings.
– Comprehensive Examination or COMP: After the completion of all core coursework included in the doctoral program of study, the student is required to pass a comprehensive examination administered by the program department.
Core Courses: 45 Credits
|AUL702||Entrepreneurial Case studies||3|
|AUL704||Cross Cultural Management||3|
|AUL706||Management of Change||3|
|AUL708-PA||Planning for Organizations||3|
|AUL710||Entrepreneurial Consulting Project (I and II)||6|
|AUL712||Entrepreneurship and Innovation||3|
|AUL714||Gender and Management Styles||3|
|AUL716||E Portfolio Planning||3|
|AUL718||International Environments Systems Perspectives in Global Organizations||3|
|AUL722||Research Instruments Qualitative and Quantitative||3|
|AUL726||Global Entrepreneurial Leadership (I and II)||6|
COMP- Comprehensive Examination- PA (Pass or Fail)
Scholarly Research Project Courses- 15 Credits
|AUL724||Team Research Project (I and II)||6|
|AUL728||Independent Study (I and II)||6|
5. DBA Timeline
– The DBA may not be completed in less than three years. The maximum time allowed is seven years. For optimal benefit, IUL encourages doctoral students to complete the program in three years.
– After the completion of all core coursework included in the doctoral program of study, the student is required to pass a comprehensive examination administered by the program department. The examination is in written format and scheduled three times a year at the beginning of each Semester, please click here to read the COMP Policy Click here.
7. DBA Dissertation Manual Click here