IUL is a place where we:
– Facilitate cognitive and affective student learning–knowledge, skills, and values — and promote use of that knowledge and leadership in the student’s work place.
– Develop competence in communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and information utilization, together with a commitment to lifelong learning for enhancement of students’ opportunities for career success and service to the community.
– Provide instruction that bridges the gap between theory and practice through faculty members who bring to their classroom not only advanced academic preparation, but also the skills that come from the current practice of their professions.
– Provide General Education and foundational instruction and services that prepare students to engage in a variety of university curricula.
– Use technology to create effective modes and means of instruction that expand access to learning resources and that enhance collaboration and communication for improved student learning.
– Assess student learning and use assessment data to improve the teaching/learning system, curriculum, instruction, learning resources, counseling and student services.